Friday 29 June 2018

Testing Kiehl's skincare

Hey guys! Hope you are doing well! Sorry, I feel like I haven't posted in quite a while but I am back with a new blog post today! I am going to try really hard to get blogging a bit more this summer I don't know what's come over me but I've been in a bit of a blogging slump recently and haven't felt motivated!

Anyway, today I wanted to talk about 3 products from Kiehl's that I have been trying out recently. If you follow me on twitter (ellie_smithxo btw) and have been seeing some of my recent tweets you will know how much I have been struggling with my skin recently. I don't know what's been happening recently but my skin has been hating me and I have had breakouts all over my face and some awful scarring despite the fact I am on bloody antibiotics. About two months ago I went into Kiehl's and got a few full sized products and some testers to see how they would fair on my acne prone skin.



The first product I got is the Calendula deep cleansing foaming face wash. Since my acne has been quite bad, I have given double cleansing a go, using Superdrug hot cloth cleanser (only when wearing makeup) and then using this facial wash afterwards to really clean my face. It took me a while to get how to use this product, you have to mix it with water and lather it between your hands before putting it on your face to get the foam because it comes out as a gel.

I really like the sent of this product. It smells lemony which is really nice and refreshing. This product is for oily skin, and I have to say it really does mattify your skin! My skin genuinely looks instantly mattified after using this product which I really like. Unfortunately, this product hasn't really done an awful lot for my breakouts. I don't think it's made them worse or anything like that but I have still been breaking out just as bad as before I started using it so it's not helping to clear them up or anything! For me I don't think I will repurchase especially as it's pretty pricey and it's not doing an awful lot for my acne. But if you have oily skin but aren't acne prone I would recommend this!

The second product I bought was the nightly refining micro-peel which is a chemical exfoliant. The lovely lady suggested this to me because using a scrub can cause spots to bleed which can cause more spots but since you just gently pat this in it exfoliates without knocking the top off spots which made sense to me! To be completely honest after using over half of this product and using it every day for two months I haven't seen an awful lot of difference in my skin, which is a shame as it's so expensive! My dark pigmentation areas are still quite bad and like I said my skin hasn't got any better while using it really so I don't think I'll repurchase. But I will say that it did not irritate my skin or anything and it has opened my eyes to chemical peels and exfoliants and I really want to try some more!

Finally, the third product I have been testing out is the blue astringent herbal lotion which is a toner. This product is designed specifically for acne prone skin and is supposed to target spots. This was actually a tester I got, but I used this tiny bottle every day for a month and I still have some left so it lasts a long time! When I first used this I really really loved it! It smells a bit too strong for me, a little alcoholic, but I really loved it. It feels cooling and makes my face instantly tighter. But I was a bit concerned this toner was a bit too strong for me and my face was feeling quite tight every day and my acne wasn't getting any better! So I actually stopped using this and went back to an old favourite that I hadn't used for a while the Liz Earle toner as I wanted something a bit more soothing for my red inflamed spots!

I hope you enjoyed this post! I will continue to use the cleanser and the exfoliant until the bottles run out I think or at least another few months but unfortunately, I don't think any of these products will be a repurchase for me personally as I'm still looking for something to calm my skin!
What Kiehl's products do you love? Have you got any suggestions for my breakouts?
Lots of love,
Eleanor x

1 comment:

  1. Ah what a shame they didn't work out for you, it's a lot of money to fork out for something that doesn't work! X

    ReplyDelete