Saturday 16 June 2018

What i've been reading and watching recently

Hey guys! I hope you are doing well! Today I wanted to do a post talking about the things I have been reading and watching recently! If you have any recommendations of TV shows or books then please let me know I am always on the lookout for new ones!




Reading:

The Night Circus (Erin Morgenstern): I actually did a full review of this book which I'll link here so I won't talk about it too much! But I really enjoyed this book and if you do like fantasy and magic I think you will also really enjoy it, definitely up there with my favourite books I've read this year.

Get your shit together (Sarah Knight): I read the life-changing magic of not giving a fuck earlier in the year and while I liked it I didn't love it but I have to say get your shit together is way more up my street! I felt like it resonated a bit more with me,  I thought the life-changing magic was aimed at people a bit older than me but I felt a bit more of a connection with this one! If you are looking for an unusual self-help book I would recommend this book and I am really excited to pick up her third book you do you at some point.

The Girl Before (JP Delany): I decided not to do a full review of this book but I will give you a quick summary of what I thought! It is a psychological thriller book compared to the likes of Girl on the train. I wasn't too sure what to expect when I read this book but to be honest it wasn't my favourite book, it definitely wasn't as gripping as Girl on the train! But I enjoyed it on a superficial level and there were a few twists and turns and I think it would be a good beach read. Bit of a warning, it has quite a lot of fifty shades of grey esque sex scenes in which I wasn't the biggest fan of which put me off the book a bit and there were some other things I didn't agree with.

Release (Patrick Ness): I just finished this book today and I really enjoyed it. It was really different (I've read a lot of different books recently!) and again I wasn't sure what to expect but I have wanted to read it for ages! I am going to put up a full review of this I think next week so I won't write too much here, but I did enjoy it!

Films:

Deadpool 2: I went to the cinema to see the latest Deadpool and I really enjoyed it! I found it pretty funny and silly and a good watch!

The Intern: I watched this film the other day on Netflix and I loved it! I honestly fell in love with this film I thought it was the cutest thing! If you're looking for a cute heartwarming film to watch when it's raining outside I would really recommend this!

Edge of 17: I finally got round to watching this film now that it's been put on Netflix! I did enjoy this film actually, it wasn't quite up to the hype I don't think, but I still thought it was pretty funny and really sad at the same time and super relatable!

Alice Through the Looking-glass: I really enjoyed Alice in Wonderland so I wanted to give this a watch and I really liked it! It was pretty amusing and really pretty to watch! I think this is a good film for all ages to watch!

TV Shows: 

Safe: Me and my friend at uni watched this over two days! There are only 10 episodes and it's pretty tense so it's really easy to get through! I did like this show but I guessed the ending and I didn't think it was absolutely amazing like some of the reviews I was reading! But I did like it and I would still recommend, I just didn't think it was absolutely insane.

The Alienist: I loved this T.V series! I found it was really gripping and it was pretty intense! You have to stay pretty focused though and I often had to go back because I had missed things! I thought the ending was a bit anti-climatic but I really hope they make a season 2 because I really got into the characters and I think there is a potential for the characters and I want to learn more about them.

13 reasons why season 2: This has been talked about so much recently and I don't think there's anything I particularly want to add that hasn't been said already to be honest! I think that it wasn't as gripping as the first season and I kind of wish they would have given it a happy ending and then just ended it if I am being honest I don't really want a third season!

I Hope you enjoyed this post! Like it said if you have any recommendations for me please let me know!
Lots of love,
Eleanor x






No comments:

Post a Comment