Friday 3 July 2015

A book tag




Hey guys! Today I thought I would do a book tag! I am an avid reader and I feel as though I do not do enough "book" posts on my blog. As you can see at the side of this blog I am currently reading the girl who kicked the hornets nest which I have been reading for ages due to having a large break as a result of having to concentrate purely on exams for a while. This tag is taken from a mixture of questions I have seen in various tags. I could not find one single one that I liked so i combined questions from a few different ones!

1) Do you get sick when reading in the car?
Yes! I always do, I cannot read in the car for any length of time. Doing anything apart from listening to music makes me feel sick.

2) Harry Potter series or Twilight series? Provide three reasons for your answer.
For me it is Harry Potter. This is because I grew up reading these books as a young child whereas I was older before twilight came out. I have never read the whole series of twilight but I have read the Harry Potter series many times and finally love irritates me in books and there is a good amount of action to love ratio in Harry Potter whereas I think there is too much in Twilight.

3) What is the thinnest book on your book shelf?
Perhaps Catcher in the Rye

4) What is the thickest book on your book shelf?
The Lord of the Rings trilogy which I have in one very large book.

5) Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself becoming an author?
I do! I start many books but I always stop and never compleate them. I have been writing my own stories since i was very little, infact I have a large book full of my three year old- ten year old self full of little stories I wrote. I would love to write for a living however I have to be realistic and as of yet I have not found a story line that I feel so passionate about that I finish it. I come up with so many story lines all the time, I just cannot get them down as I imagine them. I often think I would be better at directing and writing a film than a book.

6) When did you get into reading?
I don't remember a time I didn't love reading. It seems to have always been apart of my life, I used to devour books as a child and i still do. My bed used to be next to my windowsill and one of my fondest memories is having a large stack of books on there and every time my mum went downstairs after saying goodnight, I would quickly get onto my windowsill and read using the last remaining sunlight until it was too dark or I got told off!

7) What is your favourite classic book?
I already mentioned this but Catcher in the Rye is such a massive favourite of mine. My favourite classic children book is the Secret Garden, I got a copy of it this Christmas in a gorgeous edition and it is one of my prized possessions.

8) Full on romance books or action packed books with a few romance scenes put in?
Again I already talked about this but it has to be action packed. I hate romance books I'm sorry but I always have, i find them boring they're really not my cup of tea. I love a book that has lots of action.

9) Can you stop reading anytime you want or do you have to have a certian page/chapter/part?
Normally I stop at anytime but recently while reading the Miliemian trilogy I have been making sure I finish at a chapter. This is mainly because I have been having large gaps in between each time i read and it's easier to pick up again a few days later! Also the chapters are just so large in them!

10) One book at a time or several at once?
One book! I hate reading a few books at once!

11) Read ahead or skip pages?
Depends! If it's really exciting and I'm worried for the charaters I usually skip a few pages to make sure everything is okay before I go back and continue reading! I never read the end though beforehand, my mum does that but I just can't.

12) Do you write in books?
Occasionally! If there is a quote I like sometimes I will underline it but very rarely. I write in texts I am studying however!

I hope you enjoyed this, I really enjoyed doing it. Feel free to do this if you like and comment the post to me so I can see your answers!
Lots of Love
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment