Friday 4 January 2019

2018 book round up

Hey guys! Hope you are doing well. It's honestly been so long since I wrote a blog post and it feels slightly strange being back and writing one! Like I've said in my previous posts, I am really busy with my masters at the moment and I am finding it hard to blog much to be honest so I am not making any blog promises for 2019 only that I try and blog when I feel I can!
Anyway, I always love doing my yearly book round ups they're my favourite posts to write every year so I wanted to write this! I have linked all the books I have reviewed over last year too.
in 2018 I managed to read 22 books, which is a bit low for me personally so I am going to try my best to beat that in 2019!




My 2018 books:

1) The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
2) Hold Back The Stars by Katie Khan
3) Ready Player one by Earnest Cline
4) The life-changing magic of not giving a fuck by Sarah Knight
5) One of us is lying by Karen M. Mcmanus
6) The Million Dollar Blog by Natasha Courtenay-Smith
7) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
8) Get Your Shit Together by Sarah Knight
9) The Girl Before by JP Delaney
10) Release by Patrick Ness
11) The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon
12) How to be Parisian wherever you are by Anne Berest et al
13) Turtles all the way down by John Green
14) Awake under the night sky by Vanya Sharma
15) The Trouble with goats and sheep by Joanna Cannon
16) Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell
17) Origin by Dan Brown
18) When God was a rabbit by Sarah Winman
19) Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
20) Little beach street bakery by Jenny Colgan
21) Summer at little beach street bakery by Jenny Colgan
22) Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine by Gail Honeyman

I found it really hard to come up with my favourite three books for this year so I just thought I'd talk about the books I liked the most! Firstly, I loved Ready Player One, it was one of those books I read and thought "Why haven't I read this before?" I really enjoyed it and would really recommend it if you're late to the party too. I also really enjoyed the Night Circus I thought that was a really good book and would really recommend it if you like gorgeous descriptions and a new world to fall into (I did a full review of this book.)
Another book I really liked was One of Us Is Lying I found it really intriguing and really enjoyed reading it. I also really loved Curious Incident which again I am really late in reading for the first time! Finally, I also loved Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine which I thought was a really important book!

To be fair, I really enjoyed nearly all the books I read this year! One book I want to mention is Sharp Objects, which was a really interesting book and probably the most stand out book that I've read this year and it really stuck with me! It was creepy and made me feel a bit ill reading it!

Another book I wanted to talk about is the Million Dollar blog. If you are a blogger I would really recommend reading this I found it so interesting and really helpful!

As usual a couple of books I wasn't the biggest fan of. Firstly, Hold back the stars I have some reservations for. Again I have a full review of that but the ending really irked me!
Secondly, The Girl Before wasn't really my cup of tea if I am being honest. It had a pretty good story line but also a few fifty shades of grey esque bits which I'm not a big fan of!

And that is my round up! I would recommend nearly all of the books I read last year!
Did you read any of those books? Do you have any suggestions for me for 2019?
Lots of love,
Eleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment