Thursday 17 May 2018

Easy student recipes pt2

Hey guys! I am back to blogging again! I have been away for a bit while I was coming towards the end of my third year because things have just been so busy and stressful recently and I just felt like I couldn't concentrate properly on writing blog posts, and to be honest I just had no creativity while I was revising! But I had my last exam on Monday so I am hoping to be back blogging once or twice a week!

A while ago I made a blog post on some easy student recipes for the student who can't cook! And I thought it was about time I made a second part to that and shared some more recipes for you guys who struggle with thinking of meals or cooking at uni! As with the first part, these recipes are really really simple with not so many ingredients! Hopefully, this will help you with a few recipes that you might not have thought of to make!


Pitta Bread Pizzas: 

This is a really easy three ingredient recipe that is great for when you're on a budget and can't afford to buy a dominoes! Or want a bit of a healthy alternative to normal pizza.
You need:
Pitta bread
tomato puree
cheese
(any other extra things you want to pop on)

Just assemble the pizzas by spreading the tomato puree on the pitta bread's and pop the cheese on top! I would say about two per person, and the great thing is you can freeze pitta bread's too so you can always keep some in your freezer for an easy meal. Put them in the oven for about ten minutes or grill them for about 3-5 minutes.

Pasta bake:

This is quite a classic recipe that, if you're starting to cook for yourself for the first time, might be useful to know!
You need:
Pasta
chesse
a filling (veggies, ie peppers, broccoli ect or meat, chicken, bacon, chorizo or tuna are all really nice)
a pasta bake sauce ( a shop bought one or make your own if you're feeling fancy)

First of all, cook the pasta for a little bit shorter than you would normally. While doing this preheat the oven. While the pasta is cooking, also cook your filling too ie your chicken or your veggies ect. Then pop the pasta into a baking dish, and add the sauce to it and the filling. Then top it off with cheese and put it in the oven for about 25 minutes.

Jacket potatoes/ jacket sweet potatoes:

This is one of my go-to recipes on a weekday night that I go back to all the time! Its so easy and if you're cooking for yourself I think its so easy to make! I often swap a white potato for a sweet potato instead and they're just so gorgeous! This is so simple just pop the potato in the oven for 1 hour and top it off with whatever you want. My personal favourite way to eat them is to top them off with hummus with a side of fresh tomatoes peppers and cucumber! It's a pretty tasty healthy midweek dinner.

Fajitas: 

This is a super easy recipe to make that's really nice for a weekend treat for every student. You can buy the kits in any supermarket, including aldi and they come with tortillas, a spice mix and usually some salsa so all you need to do is buy some chicken breasts and peppers or if you're making veggie ones whatever veggies you want! Because the kits come with 8 tortillas, this is a really good one to make between a few of your housemates, because you can all chip in for the ingredients and make it pretty cheap! Or it could just be dinner for a couple of nights...
You need:
oil/ cooking spray
A fajita kit
Chicken breasts
Peppers

Spray/ oil up a pan and cook the chicken and add the spices, then add the peppers to cook too. Warm the tortilla wraps up in the oven/ microwave and then assemble them together!

And there you have it! Some really easy recipes that require a small amount of ingredients for you guys to make! If you guys would like me to take this further and do some super student cooking basics or some tips on how to stay healthy at uni while still on a budget then please let me know because I'd love to do some more!
Lots of love,
Eleanor x


No comments:

Post a Comment