Monday 18 December 2017

My Christmas Party Essentials

Hi! I hope you are doing well! I am taking in a pause in my dissertation procrastination to write a little blog post, all about what my Christmas party essentials are. I love Christmas time, it's a time where there are lots going on and often a lot of parties are gatherings to be going to and I thought it would be fun to share with you the things I like to do before going to a Christmas party and the tools and products I use, and this is probably what I will use for NYE too!





Fake Tan:



I am not a massive fake tanner to be honest it's not something I do all that often and not something I pretend to be a master at, but in the winter I find I am looking pasty af and like to add a bit of a glow! I like to start off by shaving to make sure my tan goes on nice and smooth and exfoliating. I love this dirty works exfoliator! Then I like to use my beloved Garnier moisturiser which makes a nice base for a fake tan. Then my favourite fake tan is the Superdrugs own Solait dry oil which is really easy to use just spray and rub in with a mitt! It gives a lovely natural glow! Like I said, I'm definitely no fake tan guru but I find this works well.

Wash hair:


To make myself feel really good I always like to have freshly washed hair before a party! At the moment I am still loving my Palmers coconut oil shampoo which is really nice for the dry cold air and my John Frieda go blonder shampoo and conditioner. If I am curling my hair which I usually am, I like to wash my hair the morning of the day before so that my hair is not too soft to style, otherwise, my curls just drop out.

Curl Hair:



I have very straight hair which I never really do anything with, (I mean I don't even own a pair of straighteners!) but when I am going out I really like to curl my hair for a bit of a change. It can take quite a while to do my hair so I can only really be bothered for special occasions. I like to use heat protectant before I start and I'm never too fussy, at the moment I am using this loreal one. I then curl my hair using my Babyliss Pro Curling wand or the Babyliss tight curl wand if I want really tight curls for a different look! I'm not massively into my hair tools as I rarely do anything with my hair but I personally really like Babyliss hair tools because they are not as expensive as other brands and do a nice job with my hair! Basically, I separate my hair into sections in bobbles and wrap my hair around the wand and hold for 30 seconds and let go, then I like to hold the curl up to my head for a bit until it is cooler and then drop. Then when I complete a section I spray my hair. I love Elnett spray but I am not overly fussy and find this boots own one to be really good actually and not make my hair crunchy!

Nails:



I love to have Christmassy nails for a party! I am not very good at nail art or anything like that but I do have a few favourite colours for Christmas including these! I love the Nails inc red because red is so Christmassy and the Models own glittery green and Pink are really festive too! I also really love this Barry M glittery white top coat at Christmas time!


Makeup:



When I am going to a party there are a few different things I do with my make-up. I actually use contour blush and highlight when I am going to a party and I definitely take more time on my eye makeup too, maybe doing things such as a cut crease.

Eyelashes
I very rarely use fake eyelashes too, but when I am going to a party I really like to have some! I tried these Ardell Demi whispies out the other night and I really liked them! They gave just a right amount of drama.

A coat
Despite being a northern girl through and through I have to have a coat on in the winter! I get so cold so easily! I love to wear a leather jacket to keep my arms a bit warmer.

These are my Christmas party essentials!
I hope you enjoyed this post!
Lots of love,
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment