Thursday 13 September 2018

Glossybox September 2018 review

Hey guys! I hope you are doing well! I took the plunge at the beginning of this month and finally made the decision to subscribe to Glossybox. I have been wondering about whether to get a subscription box for ages and which one to go for and I've finally settled on Glossybox for a few months at least to see how it goes! So I put my order in for the rolling month subscription on the first of September and the box was shipped out pretty quickly and I was really excited to get it! This months box was themed "back to school" with 6 handbag essentials. It included 2 makeup items, 1 haircare item and 2 skincare items and 1 random one! Since it's my first box I thought I would do a review of the products in this months box!




Firstly the box included the Bang Beauty eyebrow pomade. I was excited for this product but pretty nervous too because the shade they gave us was "Auburn" and I was really worried it would be too warm toned! I was surprised they gave this colour actually I thought they would have gone for a light or dark brown! But actually the shade is fine, it is a little warm but it works fine it's not a brick colour like some auburn eyebrow shades are. The actual product I love! It's a gorgeous creamy formula and it looks so nice! I am obsessed with how it looks actually and it makes filling in your brows really easy, especially for people like me who aren't very good at eyebrows!

The second makeup product the box included was the Karl Lagerfeld and Model co lipliner in Rosewood. I was really excited for this and it doesn't disappoint at all I love this lipliner! It's an amazing formula and glides on the lips and is an absolutely gorgeous colour honestly. Because of its creamy formula, it does go down quite fast, I've used it twice and already I need to sharpen it so I think it'll be used up quite fast!

I thought I would include a pic of me wearing the lipliner and the eyebrow pomade! I am not a makeup artist or anything obviously so please excuse my dodgy eyeliner but hopefully, it will give you an idea of what the products look like on!


The hair care product this box included was (the only) deluxe sample size of the Grow Gorgeous scalp detox. This is basically an exfoliant for your scalp! This is a pretty pricey product full size (£30) and if I am being honest I'm not 100% sure how much it does, I think it might do more if you use a lot of product on your hair which I don't really. But it smells amazing and it feels like you are giving yourself a little spa day! It's a nice luxury product I just don't think I'd buy the full size!

The box also included the Daily Concepts your Facial mini scrubber. This is a little face scrubber which I use with my facial wash! I like this product it gives your face a nice exfoliate without being too harsh or making my face red or upsetting it. I really like this product and when the label becomes faded that's when you're supposed to buy a new one which I think is really cool.

Another skincare item the box included was the Pro beauty charcoal face mask. This is a single-use sheet mask for acne prone skin like me! I really liked this mask, I feel like sheet masks need to be used a few times to see much difference but I thought my skin looked a lot brighter after using this which was pretty cool but I didn't see much of a change in my breakouts!

Finally, the box included some wet wipes! Not much to say about these but I will definitely be bringing them for Amsterdam next week with me!

Overall I really enjoyed this month Glossybox and I am excited to get next months too. If you're looking for a subscription box to get into I would recommend this!
I hope you enjoyed this post!
Lots of love,
Eleanor x


No comments:

Post a Comment