Thursday 30 August 2018

Current acne skincare routine (August 2018)

Hey guys! I hope you are doing well! It's been a while since I shared my skincare routine and I am currently really happy with my routine so I thought I would share it with you guys! If you didn't know (if you follow me on twitter @ellie_smithxo you probably already knew)  I struggle with acne prone skin which is oily combo! I am on antibiotics currently for my acne which is helping a lot but I am really liking the skincare I am using to supplement it too.




AM:
So in the morning, surprisingly, I just wash my face with some water and moisturise since I use quite a lot of products at night! When I get out of the shower I literally just give my face a quick splash with cold water and that's it.

PM:
Firstly, if I am wearing makeup, I use some micellar water and some cotton pads to take my eye makeup and eyebrows off. I like to have a bottle of micellar water as it is useful to have around, sometimes I just use it to take all my makeup off or to "wash my face" if I am sick. That only happens once in a while but it's still useful!

Then, (again only if I am wearing makeup) I use the Superdrug naturally radiant hot cloth cleanser. I had a break from this product and came back to it, it's definitely my favourite makeup remover after the Liz Earle one (it's cheaper so I tend to go for the Superdrug one!). You can read a review I did of this cleanser a while ago here.

After removing my makeup (or if i never had any on) I use the Kiehls calendula facial wash. I've written a blog post on why I like this facial wash here. This gets rid of any remaining makeup and gives my face a good clean. It mattifies any oiliness I have too and I really enjoy using this!

After this, once a week, I will use the nip and fab glycolic facial scrub. I have only just started using this really since my Kiehl's liquid exfoliant ran out. I prefer a daily liquid exfoliant so if you have any recommendations let me know! But I do like this nip and fab scrub, I just find it a bit too abrasive although it will do for now!

Then I move onto toner. My favourite toner at the moment is the Liz Earle instant boost skin tonic. This is so gentle on the skin and really soothes my acne so I have been liking this at the moment!

Finally, I use the Superdrug Vitamin E day cream. I like this moisturiser and I have been using it for a while! I find that not too much is needed either from it as a little bit goes a long way!

If I have any large spots I use the body shop's tea tree night cream on top of them! I love this little cream it reduces redness overnight so I would really recommend it!

And that is my current skincare routine! Do you guys use any of these products?
Lots of love,
Eleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment