Friday 13 April 2018

The Million Dollar Blog- Book review

Hey guys! Hope you are doing well! I am super stressed myself as I am coming closer to the end of third year with a lot of deadlines and an exam! So just to warn you that over the next month my blogging might be a bit disarrayed!

Today I wanted to do a book review of the Million Dollar blog by Natasha Courtenay-Smith who is a British entrepreneur. She wrote this book to help bloggers start a blog, get money from their blog, and improve their existing one. Needless to say, as someone who has had a blog for over four years, I was really interested in this book.




Some of this book wasn't entirely useful obviously, as I already have a blog but a lot of it really was! I think there are a lot of really good tips in here for any blogger at any stage in their blogging journey, or if you are thinking about starting. As I was reading, I noticed that this book is really catered towards people who are wanting to start a business, so if you're wanting to use a blog to sell things if I would really recommend this book! But since I don't blog for that purpose some of this wasn't as useful but I still got a lot from this.

One of my favourite things about this book are the interviews with other bloggers. It is absolutely jam-packed with snippets from bloggers and YouTubers and CEO's and authors who have first-hand experience of getting a really successful blog from nothing and I found this so useful and interesting to read! I would honestly recommend this book just for the interviews honestly I really loved that Natasha chose to include so many.

It also had some really useful tips on how to get money from blogging. I personally don't really earn money from blogging but it is something that I am starting to think about for the future and it had some really useful ideas that I'd never considered before. I think I'll definitely come back to these pages particularly and use them to help me in the future!

First and foremost as well, I think if you're going through a serious blogging rut this book is really useful as all of the interviews and tips make you feel so motivated! Especially if you are struggling to stay motivated because of the views you've got and things like that then this book can really help you focus on the end goal. As well, I think it would really improve motivation to keep going and to improve your blog too and maybe take it a bit more seriously. It definitely widened my eyes to how to take my blog further and to keep improving and what to do in order to help me reach my blogging goals.

I think this book will be one I come back to and use as a reference point too because it really had some great ideas!
Overall I would really recommend this book if you are a blogger or thinking about getting into blogging or need some more motivation!
Lots of love,
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment