Tuesday 12 December 2017

Capture your style book review

Hey guys! I hope you are doing well. I didn't get a chance to get a blog post up last week, I've been so busy lately with essays and whatnot! But I am going to try hard to get two blog posts up this week to make up for it! Today's post going to be a review of Capture Your style, which is a book written by Insta guru Amiee Song all about growing your Instagram.



First of all, I love the look of this book. I love the baby pink cover and all of the gorgeous pictures inside. I personally would buy it just for the pictures! I included this in my stocking filler ideas and I do think it would make a lovely present for anyone you know who wants to grow their Instagram platform! I have to admit, I am a little bit clueless when it comes to Instagram, and this book really did give me some useful tips. Some of the tips were a little bit basic, such as how to make an account and things like that but I see why she included these tips to make the book accessible for everyone and to cover all basis, for people who are just starting and for people who want to improve.

Some things I personally loved that she included, was how she edits her photos and what apps she uses. She also gives some really good tips for taking photos and photography skills which is something I really want to improve on! Unfortunately, I guess I don't agree with all of her points which is too be expected with a book like this where we all have different opinions and that's fine! The pictures she takes and advises to take are all very clean and clear-cut and I personally prefer something that is a little bit different and personal so I definitely took her points with a pinch of salt! I also don't really work in pictures of 9 on my grid, to be honest, but that's nothing really on her part it's just that I have different opinions!

I think all the tips she gave are really useful for anyone and are little changes that we can all make to better our Instagram feeds! For business, blogging or personal use I think this book would be really useful, did I mention how gorgeous it is? I also think this book is really accessible for everyone and it she explains things in a really nice clear way.

I really like that at the end of each section, she includes a little "your turn" part where she challenges you to upload pictures using the tips she has given you which is a nice way to conceptualize the book and making it really practical and help you put her tips into practice.

This book covers a wide range of pictures too, outfit pics, selfies, food, flatlays and building pictures so there are some tips in here for whatever you like taking photos of!
Overall if you are into your Instagram and want to take it more seriously I would recommend this book.

Lots of love,
Eleanor


No comments:

Post a Comment