Friday 17 July 2015

The accident season review




Hey guys! On monday i was sent a new book called The Accident Season to read and review, writen by a half Irish half French author called Moira Fowley-Doyle. I of course read it immediately and finished it within two days. You can see the trailer for the book here. The premise of the book, is set around a girl and her family in Ireland, who every year in October are the victims of misfortune and bad luck. The accident season is unlike any book I have read before. It is both dark and colourful at the same time, there is a dark secret but the characters seem very colourful and the world as described by Cara is very beautiful. In fact the whole book is very beautifully written, with fantastic description.

It is a strange book, and there are many interpretations of it. There is not one straight answer or conclusion but provides many different leads and leaves the reader to decide for themselves what is the truth.

I liked the characters within the book too, some of them leapt of the page for me more than others. Bea was probably my favourite character in the novel, she was the one that made me laugh the most. For me, Sam didn't quite lift of the page for me unlike the other characters somehow. Elsie was haunting and mystifying and Alice irritated me somewhat but had suffered a lot. I couldn't quite picture Cara, but i sympathised with her.

The love within the book was not too overpowering either which is good. If you read my book reviews often, you will know i dislike novels where the love overtakes the action in the novel, and the characters are "blinded." I felt as though the plot was not overtaken by the love within the book although because of the strange circumstances in which the love interest of Caras arises, i think many readers will be confused as to what they think, whether Cara should listen to her hear or not.

Overall, i really enjoyed this book, it was different to any book amd definitley written very beautifully. I wanted to read it aloud so i didnt miss any of the colourful imaginings. I would give this book 4/5 and you can buy the book here

Have you read this? What did you think?
Lots of love,
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment