Tuesday 13 January 2015

How to make 2015 your year! + my own resolutions




Hey guys! I wanted to do a post on my resolutions but last year I know I did a post on how to make your own if you didn't know what to do and so I wanted to talk again about a similar thing. I will get to my own resolutions soon, however my main goal and plan for this year is to "make 2015 my year." This statement is thrown around a lot, without much thought having gone into it, what does it mean?

Well for different people, it means different things. For me personally, making 2015 my year means to feel good and better about myself than last year, to succeed in school and personal goals and to have a sense of achievement come December this year.

However, I think it's more than that. These are fairly bog standered goals, everyone you ask will have similar idea's about what they want from this year. But is it enough just to set these goals? In my personal experience it's not. When setting new years resolutions and wanting to stick to them there comes a danger. A danger of not fulfilling these goals and then feeling shitty about it afterwards. You may have resolved to do really well in school or to loose ten pounds but then when you don't, you feel really bad and sometimes it's over things we can't control. You cannot always control how well you do at school, even if you try super hard and so it's not good to set such generalisable goals. Much better goals are the achievable personal goals for yourself.

But that's not all. What happens when you don't reach these resolutions? To make 2015 truly your year, you need to learn to cope with not meeting your resolutions. Imagine that you made a resolution to make 2015 your year. Everything is going well and then half way through the year something bad happens. You feel like the year cannot then possibly be "your year." so to truly make 2015 good, you need to be able to deal and to cope and to see that just because something bad happens, doesn't mean the year can;t still be yours and you can't still have a good time and be happy.

So remember when making your goals: make them personal, make them achievable and don't worry when you don't achieve them or when something goes wrong.

On the 1st of January I wrote my own list of resolutions and here they are:
1) Get stronger, mentally and psychically, exercise everyday and learn to cope with bad situations
2) Meditate more and do more yoga
3) Finish the book I have been working on
4) Read four more books than last year.
5) drink at least three bottles of water a day
6)  do the best I can in revision and in school.
7) Don't take things to heart so much.
8) step out of my comfort zone more often
9) Speak out in social situations and try to complain less
10) take time to relax.

I hope this has been useful for you to change or consider your own resolutions!
Lots of Love
Eleanor x

No comments:

Post a Comment